Thursday, May 28, 2020

BBC's Executive Complaints Unit responds to Corruption Valley

Alison Wilson, BBC Executive Complaints Unit responds to allegations

View Legal Notices

Alison Wilson responds to a request for comment about allegations of the BBC's complicity in corruption.

From: Alison Wilson <alison.wilson2@bbc.co.uk>
To: ny45678@yahoo.com <EMAIL ADDRESS>
Cc: ECU
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 04:05:22 PM GMT+1
Subject: RE: Request for comment about allegations of complicity in corruption


Dear Mr Young

Thank you for your email.

I’m afraid the ECU can only take on complaints that have been through stage 1 of the BBC’s complaints process via the complaints website and referred to us and, as far as I can see, that isn't the case here. If I'm mistaken please let me know the reference number you were asked to quote in the response that referred you to us. Otherwise, if you would like a response, you will need to make your complaint via thewebsite.

Kind regards

<SIGNATURE>

Alison Wilson

Executive Complaints Unit

Why have a reference number when you can have Dominic Groves' own emails?

Below is a verbatim copy of Dominic Groves' email to me, as provided to Ms. Wilson:

From: ECU <ecudl@bbc.co.uk>
To: 'nathan y' <EMAIL ADDRESS>
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 05:31:20 PM GMT+1
Subject: RE: Your complaint to the BBC


Dear Mr Young,

Thank you for your email. I should explain that the letter you received from me was a Stage 2 response to your complaint.

Your letter of 7 August was addressed to the ECU and I responded having established that BBC Wales had nothing further they wished to add.

As I explained in my response you now have the right, if you wish, to escalate your concerns to Ofcom using the contact details provided.

Yours sincerely,

Dominic Groves
Executive Complaints Unit

-----Original Message-----

From: nathan y <EMAIL ADDRESS>
Sent: 02 October 2018 10:26
To: ECU
Subject: Re: Your complaint to the BBC


Dear BBC ECU,

I do not believe ECU should be making a judgement on my complaint at this time, as either Stage 1 or Stage 2 has not been concluded.

I am disappointed that Mr. Groves has attempted to kill off this complaint with such a premature intervention, and again request that you provide clarity on its status and permit me to follow the procedures laid out in the BBCs complaints documentation.

Signed

Nathan Young

Alison Wilson provides a follow up statement

Well, she hasn't yet, but I will update this post as soon as I receive anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment